Thomas Jefferson University & Philadelphia University
Couple and Family Therapy
Earn the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from Philadelphia University and the Master of Science (MS) degree in Couple and Family Therapy from Thomas Jefferson University within six years after graduation from high school.
Apply for admission to the 4+2 BS/MS program using the regular Philadelphia University undergraduate application. If admitted, you will spend the first four years at Philadelphia University and then proceed to Jefferson for the two years of Couple and Family Therapy coursework. Earn your bachelor's degree in Psychology from Philadelphia University after successful completion of the first year at Jefferson School of Health Professions. Jefferson awards a master's degree after successful completion of the second year at JSHP.
- SAT total score of 1650 or higher
- A grade of ‘C’ or better in all prerequisite courses for the program at Jefferson
Application Requirements & Deadline
- Submit a completed Philadelphia University undergraduate admissions application by December 15
- Official high school/college transcripts from all institutions attended
- Application fee
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a designated Philadelphia University representative and one from a professional or academic source)
- Official SAT I test scores
- Personal statement
Follow a specific 4-year track at Philadelphia University that includes the prerequisite coursework needed to transfer into the Jefferson program.
Credits earned toward the first year at Jefferson will be counted toward the completion of a BS in Psychology from Philadelphia University.
In order to transfer into the Jefferson program, you must:
- Complete the articulated Philadelphia University curriculum
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25
- Earn at least a C in all prerequisite coursework