Thomas Jefferson University & Elizabethtown College
3 + 3 DPT
Earn the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from Elizabethtown College and the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree from Thomas Jefferson University within six years after graduation from high school.
Apply for admission to the 3+3 BS/DPT program using the regular Elizabethtown undergraduate application. If admitted, you will spend the first three years at Elizabethtown and then proceed to Jefferson for the final three years of Physical Therapy coursework. Earn your bachelor's degree in Biology from Elizabethtown after successful completion of the first year at Jefferson School of Health Professions. Jefferson awards a doctor of physical therapy degree after successful completion of the third year at JSHP.
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.2 or higher
- SAT total score of 1200 or higher or an ACT of 27 or higher
- A grade of C or better in all prerequisite courses for the program at Jefferson
Application Requirements & Deadline
- Submit a completed Elizabethtown undergraduate admissions application by December 15
- Official high school transcripts
- Official SAT I test scores
- Activities resume
- Volunteer/observation hours
- Application fee
- 3-year BS in selected track at Elizabethtown College
- Credits earned during the first year at Jefferson will be counted toward the completion of the Elizabethtown College BS degree
In order to transfer into the Jefferson program, you must:
- Complete the articulated Elizabethtown curriculum
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 overall and a 3.0 in the sciences
- Earn at least a C in all prerequisite coursework
For more information, please contact
Read more about the partnership on Elizabethtown's website or read more about the DPT program on JSHP’s website.