Thomas Jefferson University & Juniata College
3 + 3 DPT
Earn the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from Juniata and the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) from Jefferson School of Health Professions within six years after graduation from high school.
Apply for admission to the 3+3 BS/DPT program using the regular Juniata undergraduate application. If admitted, you will spend the first three years at Juniata and then proceed to Jefferson for the final three years of Physical Therapy coursework. Earn your bachelor's degree after successful completion of the first year at Jefferson School of Health Professions. Jefferson awards a doctor of physical therapy degree after successful completion of the third year at JSHP.
- SAT (all 3 sections) 1100 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.35 or higher
- Interview with Juniata-Jefferson joint admissions committee (late winter-early spring)
Application Requirements & Deadline
- Complete an undergraduate Juniata College admissions application by January 1
- Personal interview with Juniata College Admissions before January 1
- Completed supplemental application (including letter of intent) to Juniata College Office of Admission
before January 1 of senior year
- Official high school transcripts
- Official SAT I test scores
- Activities resume (including PT hours)
- Application fee
Follow a specific 3-year track at Juniata College that includes the prerequisite coursework needed to transfer into the Jefferson program.
Credits earned during the first year at Jefferson will be counted toward the completion of the Juniata College BS degree.
- Students must earn at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- A grade of at least 'C' is required to transfer prerequisite coursework to Jefferson
For more information, please contact
Read more about the partnership on Juniata’s website or read more about the DPT program DPT program on JSHP’s website.