Thomas Jefferson University & Saint Joseph’s University
3 + 3 DPT
Earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) from Saint Joseph’s University and the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) from Jefferson School of Health Professions within six years after graduation from high school.
Apply for admission to the 3+3 BS/DPT program using the regular Saint Joseph’s University undergraduate application. If admitted, you will spend the first three years at Saint Joseph’s University and then proceed to Jefferson for the final three years of Physical Therapy coursework. Earn your bachelor's degree in Biology or Interdisciplinary Health Services after successful completion of the first year at Jefferson School of Health Professions. Jefferson awards a doctor of physical therapy degree after successful completion of the third year at JSHP.
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Total score of 1300 or higher from the Verbal/Math sections of the SAT I
Application Requirements & Deadline
- Submit an Early Action Saint Joseph’s University application (or use the Common App) by November 15
of the senior year of high school and specify interest in the combined 3+3 DPT degree
- Application fee.
- Official high school transcript
- All SAT or ACT scores sent directly from the College Board and/or ACT
- Common Application School Report and recommendation
- Saint Joseph’s University essay
- Common Application essay
- Activities resume (including PT hours)
- 3 years in the BS in Biology or Interdisciplinary Health Services at Saint Joseph’s University,
completing the core curriculum and major requirements
- Credits earned during the first year at Jefferson will be counted toward the completion of the
Saint Joseph’s University degree
- Students must earn at least a 3.0 overall GPA and in the sciences
- A grade of at least 'C' is required to transfer prerequisite coursework to Jefferson
- Some summer courses will be necessary