Richard C. Wender, MD
Alumni Professor &
Chair, Department of Family & Community Medicine
The Department of Family & Community Medicine has a long-standing commitment to, and track record in, graduating leaders in academic Family Medicine. Fellowship training has been conducted here since 1980. Current Fellowship applicants may consider one of the following three Fellowship Programs:
- Faculty Development Research Fellowship
- Geriatric Fellowship
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
In addition to program-specific emphases in Research, Geriatrics, and Sports Medicine, Family Medicine Fellows participate in all elements of the following Fellowship Curriculum:
- Research Seminar - Weekly presentation and colloquy-the keystone of the Fellowship Curriculum-wherein fellows, faculty and research staff present and critique one another's research projects, drawing upon the resources and expertise of the faculty and peers.
- Directors' Meeting - Weekly fellowship activities review and discussion.
- Professional Development Series – Topics include composing a CV, employment decisions, and maximizing job satisfaction, contracts, credentialing, licensure, personal-professional life and family balance, grant writing, professional writing, statistics, and research method.
- Presentation/Publication - Fellows receive guidance and support in submitting their research projects and programs for presentation at national meetings of STFM, the American Geriatrics Society, and the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
The key to sustaining and cultivating primary care practice in the US is a next generation of well-trained faculty who, through superior Fellowship training and experience, thoroughly understand and apply a high level of educational, administrative, clinical, and research skills in the academic setting.
The Department welcomes your interest in pursuing Family Medicine Fellowship training at Jefferson, and encourages your continued interest in academic Family Medicine.
Richard C. Wender, MD
Randa Sifri, MD
Director, Faculty Development Research Fellowship
Howard Rabinowitz, MD
Associate Director, Faculty Development Research Fellowship
Marianna LaNoue, PhD
Faculty Development Research Fellowship
Marc I. Harwood, MD
Director, Sports Medicine Fellowship
Brooke Salzman, MD
Director, Geriatrics Fellowship
Department of Family & Community Medicine
1015 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107