Christopher Skidmore, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 955-0606 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Seizure recurrence and remission after switching antiepileptic drugs
- Impedance variations over time for a closed-loop neurostimulation devi Early experience with chronically implanted electrodes
- Functional connectivity evidence of cortico-cortico inhibition in temporal lobe epilepsy
- Twiddler's syndrome in a patient with epilepsy treated with deep brain stimulation
- B-vitamin deficiency in patients treated with antiepileptic drugs.
St. Louis University School of Medicine - 1999
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Research and Clinical Interests
Dr. Skidmore completed his Neurology and Epilepsy training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio. He joined the Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy Center as a faculty member in July 2005. In addition, he was appointed the Director of the Neurology Residency in July 2008.
His area of expertise includes medical and surgical management of epilepsy. This includes care for individuals with a new diagnosis, medical treatment for epilepsy, the care of complex medically refractory epilepsy and the surgical management of epilepsy. As a member of the Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy center (a certified Comprehensive Epilepsy Center) he has access to the latest in medical and surgical therapy, including many new drugs/devices under development.