Publications, Grant Submissions & Awards
Awards / Publications / News of Note
Ashlie Burkart, M.D.
- With Dr. Littman, had an Abstract accepted at 15th World Conference on Gastrointestinal Cancer, Barcelona, Spain, July 2013
Gyorgy Csordas, M.D.
Gyorgy Hajnoczky, M.D., Ph.D.
Verónica Eisner, György Csordás and György Hajnóczky. SR/ER–mitochondria interactions in cardiac and skeletal muscle: pivotal roles in Ca2+ and ROS signaling. Journal of Cell Science 2013 in press
Jay Herman, M.D.
- Le N, Harach ME, Kay JK, Brown RP, Everetts JN, Herman JH. Establishing an antigen negative red cell inventory in a hospital-based blood bank. Transfusion 2013. (in press)
- Molinaro RM, McCloskey LJ, Landmark JD, Herman JH, Stickle DF. Mathematical model for hemoglobin A1c formation predicts estimated average glucose for reduced red cell lifetimes. American Association Clinical Chemistry, Houston, TX. July 2013.
George M, Herman JH. Transfusion interference by cold agglutinins. Transfusion Illustrated, Transfusion (in press)
Laura McCloskey, Ph.D.
Douglas Stickle, Ph.D.
- 7 abstracts for American Assoc of Clinical Chemistry meeting (Houston, July 2013) including 2 pathology residents and one pathology honors student. One abstract was selected in competition for oral presentation in Personalized Medicine (James Casey, Review of ordering practices for procalcitonin from an ICU).
Xugang Xia. M.D., Ph.D.
Grace Zhou, M.D.
- have a paper published by EMBO Journal this month - Expression of ALS-linked TDP-43 mutant in astrocytes causes non-cell-autonomous motor neuron death in rats.
- Earlier this month Xugang was a guest speaker at Canada’s ALS Association 9th annual meeting
Bruce Fenderson, Ph.D.
Richard Schmidt, Ph.D.
Guiyun Zhang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Zhang G, Fenderson B, Schmidt RR, Veloski Jon. Equivalence of Students’ Scores on Timed and Untimed Anatomy Practical Examinations. Published online on Anatomical Science Education – print version available later in 2013