What We Do for You
Tasks & Services – This is a list of the services provided by the Custodial Services Department.
Service Frequency – This is a list that indicates how often each service occurs.
Building List – The Custodial Services Department maintains all university buildings and grounds with the exception of Foerderer Pavilion, Gibbon, Main, Thompson, and 925 Chestnut Street.
Routine Cleaning and Maintenance
- Restroom, classrooms and public areas (corridors, lobbies and entrances) are cleaned daily.
- Office space has trash removal and sweeping of traffic lanes daily. Dusting and complete vacuuming is completed as area usage warrants.
Project Related Tasks
- Carpet shampooing is completed twice or, in high usage areas, three times annually. Spot cleaning is performed as needed.
- Scrubbing and refinishing of hard floor surfaces is performed annually.
- Buffing or burnishing of hard floor surfaces is performed bi-monthly or as needed.
- Although we do not own furniture, our department will coordinate with Nutrition and Dietetics and the Colleges to set up and break down functions scheduled on Campus.
- Bulk Waste removal will be arranged as needed.
- Limited furniture movement within each building is available.
- Custodial Services also maintains any Surplus Property for Thomas Jefferson University.
- Recycling of glass, cardboard, paper, cans, etc. is handled through our department.
- Pressure washing and graffiti removal is performed as needed.
- Consulting on selection of floor coverings and furnishings in regard to maintenance, durability, consistency of appearance and "Lifetime Costs" is also available.
Requests for additional service or emergencies, such as spills, should be reported to extension 5-6846.
Questions with regard to Custodial Services may be directed to extension 3-7778.