Department of Radiologic Sciences
New Student Information
All students must complete 50 specific prerequisite credits prior to matriculation; however, they do not need to have all prerequisite work competed at the time of application. Academic courses form accredited institutions with a grade of “C” or above and CLEP scores are acceptable for transfer.
|Prerequisites for students with the following academic credentials:
||Prerequisites for students with the following academic credentials:
|Course||Medical Dosimetry||Nuclear Medicine||All Other Programs#||Medical Dosimetry||Nuclear Medicine||All Other Programs#|
|Anatomy and Physiology1,2||8||8||8||8||8||8|
|College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or Trigonometry||6||6||6||6||6||6|
|# Other programs: Cardiac Sonography, Computed Tomography, General Sonography, Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Radiation Therapy, Radiography, Vascular Sonography.
1. Must meet requirements for science majors.
2. Must be college level. Science courses transfer for up to 10 years. Department of Radiologic Sciences will accept credits greater than ten years old if applicant has been actively engaged in related practice. For all other populations, the decision will be made on an individual basis.
3. Need not be calculus-based.
4. Must include 3 credits of composition.
* Recommended electives: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Psychology, Sociology, Genetics, Advanced Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Computer Science, Medical Ethics, Healthcare Management.
All of the credits listed (except Physics and Anatomy and Physiology) may be earned through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). For additional information concerning the CLEP examinations, contact the Office of Admissions.
In addition to meeting all academic requirements, students must meet all technical standards for the program.