Medical Practice Management
The certificate program in Medical Practice Management provides comprehensive preparation for the management and administration of day-to-day operations of a health professional practice. The program includes enhanced skills in computer applications, managerial accounting and management as well as presentation of legal issues related to healthcare practice. All courses are transferable to the associate degree in medical practice management or bachelor’s degree program in health services management.
- Pre-application advising session through the Department of General Studies
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Satisfactory (grade of C or higher) completion of at least one three-credit course required for the Certificate
- Submission of Application for Certificate Candidacy form and application fee
- Demonstration of satisfactory computer skills (competency equivalent to introductory college-level computer courses). Note: Students who do not meet minimum computer proficiency will be required to complete CMST 101: Essentials of Computing.
|ACCT 101 Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 102 Managerial Accounting||3|
|CMST 201 Technology Applications for Healthcare||3|
|ENGL 101 Composition I
|ENGL 103 Business and Technical Writing||3|
|GNST 120 Comprehensive Medical Terminology||4|
|HCA 300 Health Services Delivery and Organization||3|
|HCA 302 Healthcare Classification Systems||3|
|HCA 303 Business and Healthcare Law||3|
|HCA 410 Medical Practice Management||3|
|MGMT 101 Principles of Management and Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGMT 102 Human Resources||3|
Students enrolling in this certificate program are not eligible for financial aid.