Advanced Practice Certificates
Interprofessional Geriatric Practice
Teaching in the Digital Age
Interprofessional Geriatric Practice
The advanced practice certificate in Interprofessional Geriatric Practice provides healthcare practitioners, such as clinical educators or supervisors and current faculty, with knowledge and practice in interprofessional education principles, current geriatric theory and practice and andragogy.
Students will experience interprofessional collaboration in geriatrics and education/training methods for implementation into curricula and training programs. This certificate prepares the student to incorporate interprofessional education into current courses. It prepares health educators to develop future innovative interprofessional geriatric health care courses and clinical training experiences.
- 4 graduate level courses (12 credits)
- The certificate can be completed in 12 months
- Designed for busy professionals; all courses are 100% online
21st Century Learning
- Learners have access to Jefferson’s educational resources including virtual library, electronic journals, videos and state of the art technology services and tools to support asynchronous and synchronous modalities, webinars, discussion boards, chats and collaborative learning between learners and facilitators.
- The program is designed for educators and practicing professionals in the field who are unable to meet face to face. Courses are offered online and the program can be completed in 12 months.
- Interprofessional collaboration and education with faculty, staff, students from a variety of health/healthcare professions to help increase knowledge in the field
The curriculum consists of four graduate-level courses (a total of 12 credits) that can be used toward a master’s or doctoral degree.
|IPE 765 Interprofessional Healthcare Education||3|
|IPE 766 Interprofessional Topics in Contemporary Geriatric Health Care Practice||3|
|Teaching Elective (choose one)
MSED 501 – The Adult Learner
|IPE 767 Mentored Interprofessional Geriatric Health Care Practice Project (Final Course for the certificate)||3|
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Active professional licensure/registration or certification
How do I apply for a specialty certificate program?
- Complete the non-matriculated student form (complete all information)
- E-mail form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will initiate the process for registration.
- You will then be registered for the course and notified by the Tuition Office and the
Eastern Pennsylvania-Delaware Geriatric Education Center
- You start class online from anywhere you are
How much time should I expect to devote to the program?
The program is designed for part-time study so that practicing healthcare professionals can complete the certificate while maintaining employment and personal obligations. Students can expect to spend 3-5 hours a week in class and additional time for reading and doing assignments.
Will the certificate credits transfer to a Jefferson degree program?
Yes. The complete certificate is 12 credits, all of which may transfer into other programs at Jefferson. Courses are taught at the graduate level and may be transferred to another institution.
Can I take classes out of order?
Courses are usually taken consecutively. Exceptions can be made on an individual basis.
How much does it cost?
Tuition is assessed per credit at the graduate level. Please visit the Registrar’s tuition page to view the current fees. Use the drop down menu to choose Jefferson School of Health Professions and Occupational Therapy Doctoral Program to view current per credit tuition rate. Universitytechnology and library fees are assessed each semester.
Jefferson alumni receive a 25% tuition discount. Employers may have funds budgeted to pay for tuition, either as tuition reimbursement programs or continuing education funds. For information about how to pay tuition and a monthly payment program click here.
What kind of learning experiences will be used?
The curriculum allows for a dynamic interactive learning environment using the latest technology for distance learning which allows access to a variety of experts on specific topic areas.
What resources can I access via the Web?
Jefferson’s resources, including library collections, services and technology, are easy to navigate via a distance format. The instructor will guide you through this process