Medical & More
Medical & Prescription
Jefferson offers two Independence Blue Cross Personal Choice PPO medical plans. Both plans include prescription coverage. Non-smokers and employees who complete the LiveWell@Jeff wellness program pay lower premiums. In both plans, employees pay the lowest out-of-pocket costs when they use Jefferson providers.
- Platinum PPO Plan
- Gold PPO Plan
The PPOs allow complete freedom of choice of providers. Members have the lowest out-of-pocket costs when using JeffCare providers, but the plans also have a Personal Choice and out-of-network level of coverage. No referrals are required, although some services do require pre-certifications.
OptumRx administers the prescription plan. Prescriptions for up to a 30-day supply of medication can be filled at any retail pharmacy, with lower out-of-pocket costs if filled at a Jefferson pharmacy. Maintenance medications can be filled at one of Jefferson’s five pharmacies or via OptumRx home delivery.
Davis Vision administers the vision plan. It covers eye exams, spectacle lenses, frames and contact lenses. Members have the lowest out-of-pocket costs when using participating providers, but the plan also has partial reimbursement when using out-of-network providers.
Jefferson offers the choice of two dental plans. Both plans cover preventive, basic and restorative, and major services. The Platinum plan also covers orthodontia.
Jefferson provides full and part time employees with basic life, basic accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and business travel accident insurance. Employees can supplement the basic insurance with the following insurance options:
- Supplemental employee life insurance – 1x – 3x pay
- Spouse life insurance - $10,000, $20,000 or $50,000
- Child life insurance - $5,000 or $10,000
- Supplemental employee or family AD&D insurance - $50,000 - $500,000
Jefferson provides basic short term disability (STD) and long term disability (LTD) coverage to full time employees.
- Short term disability: Jefferson provides basic STD of 50% of weekly salary. Employees may choose supplemental coverage of 66 2/3%. Full time Faculty, Senior Administrators and House Staff have salary continuation during a disability of up to 6 months.
- Long term disability: Jefferson provides basic LTD of 50% of monthly salary up to $12,500 per month. Employees may choose supplemental coverage of 60% or 66 2/3%. Full time Clinical Faculty and House Staff have a separate LTD program.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Jefferson offers two types of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) to help employees save tax dollars on certain health care and dependent care expenses.
- Healthcare FSA: This plan allows you to contribute on a pre-tax basis up to $2,550 a year for IRS qualified medical, dental, vision expenses not covered by insurance such as co-pays and deductibles.
- Dependent care FSA: This plan allows you to contribute on a pre-tax basis up to $5,000 a year ($2,500 if married and filing separately) for dependent care services such as daycare, before/after school care, and elder care.
Enrolling in Benefits
Employees will enroll in benefits online using Employee Self-Service (ESS). To enroll from home, go to https://connect.tjuh.org and enter your Campus Key and Password. Click on Employee Self-Service and enter your Campus Key and Password again.