Department of Human Resources
Open Enrollment: April 2012
New Short Term Disability Benefit for Jefferson Employees
STD Open Enrollment Letter
STD Online Open Enrollment Instructions
STD Open Enrollment Brochure
Jefferson University Physicians STD SPD
Thomas Jefferson University STD SPD
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals STD SPD
Confirm Your Election April 14-18
A new Short Term Disability (STD) program will be available beginning April 21, 2012 for eligible full-time Jefferson employees. It provides income protection for employees who are out of work due to a non-work related illness or injury.
The new Plans offer two levels of income protection:
- The Basic STD Plan which provides a benefit equal to 50% of base pay
- The Optional STD Plan which provides a benefit equal to 66 2/3% of base pay
Eligible full-time employees will be automatically enrolled in the Basic STD Plan.
About the new Plans:
- Jefferson pays 100% of the cost for the Basic STD Plan.
- Employees who elect the Optional STD Plan will pay for the difference between the 50% and the 66 2/3% option.
- The Extended Illness Bank (EIB) pays 100% of base pay for employees who have EIB time. EIB is paid before STD is paid.
- Pre-existing conditions have been waived for this special enrollment but will apply for anyone who does not select the coverage in 2012 and adds it in 2013. To file an STD claim call Matrix, our Third Party Administrator at 888-477-5110, or file online at www.matrixeservices.com.
- Matrix must approve your STD claim before EIB or STD benefits are paid.
If you enrolled in the Optional STD Plan, confirm your election on Employee Self Service between April 14-18. If your election for the Optional STD Plan does not appear, print your Benefits Confirmation form, write in your election, sign it and return it to the HR Service Center at 833 Chestnut Street, Suite 115 or fax it to 215-503-9576 by April 18, 2012. No changes will be accepted after April 18, 2012.
The new plan represents a significant improvement because it provides income protection for all eligible full-time employees. This is a valuable benefit which enhances the employee benefit package we offer.