Department of Human Resources
Overview & Outline of Day
All new employees of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals and Jefferson University Physicians are expected to complete an orientation process. Requirements, materials, and documentation of orientation are outlined in the hospital's policy on Orientation (109.02).
Scheduled orientations will be held from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. in the JeffSTAT Education Center Training Room located at 833 Chestnut Street, Suite 940.
Employee Orientation provides newly-hired staff an overview of our organization. New employees of Jefferson will learn about the following:
- Jefferson’s History and Organizational Structure
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Code of Conduct and Compliance
- Patient Safety
- Services and Resources
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Safety and Security
- Knowledge-Based Resources
- Performance Improvement
- Customer Service and Teamwork
- Patient Privacy and Confidentiality
- Employee Benefits
For more information on Central Orientation, Departmental Orientation, Management Orientation, and Online Orientation, please use the links below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is freeware required to view PDF material.
- TJUH – Departmental Orientation Checklist
- TJU/JUP– Jefferson Orientation Checklist (University and JUP Employees Only)
For additional detail about Central Employee Orientation, please contact:
Susan Shaffer, Manager of Human Resources Development, (215) 503-8741 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org; OR Jacqueline Tusman, Senior Learning Consultant, (215) 503-7985 or email email@example.com.