Campus IT Governance:
Administrative Systems Advisory Group
Key points about the Administrative Systems Advisory Group are:
- With the University and Hospital sharing large systems that are critical for business and operations, there needs to be close coordination to ensure the systems are effective, efficient and integrated.
- Meeting quarterly, the Administrative Systems Group:
- Surfaces technology needs to support major business processes.
- Recommends enhancements to existing enterprise systems.
- Establishes standards and requirements for new applications to ensure compatibility and integration with existing systems and data models.
- Vets proposals for resources.
- Prioritizes the replacement of enterprise systems.
- Recommends the timing of major upgrades to systems.
- Advises on policy changes that affect the use of technology for business processes and practices.
- The initial issue set includes:
- Developing a multi-year timeline for the upgrade or replacement of existing enterprise-wide
- Developing a standard methodology for analyzing and selecting enterprise technologies.
- Reviewing proposals for new supply chain and one-card systems.
- Recommending a long-term enterprise-wide administrative system strategy.
- Working with Jeff IT and Hospital IS to create a long-term plan for enhanced management information