Campus IT Governance:
Technical Architecture & Directions Advisory Group
Key points about the Technical Architecture & Directions Advisory Group are:
- Coordinates technology policies, standards, and operations across the University and Hospital.
- Serving as co-sponsors, the CIOs of the University and Hospital appoint the group members. Membership includes senior leaders with responsibility for:
- Infrastructure, enterprise systems, information security, and support
- AISR, colleges, and major research centers
- Meeting quarterly, the Technical Architecture and Directions Group:
- Reviews proposed changes to IT policies.
- Coordinates plans for major changes in systems or services that have a cross-campus impact.
- Recommends standards for shared or common technologies. (e.g., PDAs)
- Prioritizes potential infrastructure and service improvement projects.
- Establishes in concert with other committees service and performance standards for major technologies
- Advise the CIOs on the technical implications of proposed projects.
- The initial issue set includes:
- Establishing an overall IT architecture for the campus.
- Establishing standards for cell phones and PDAs.
- Reviewing the technology requirements for the implementation of the new supply chain management system.
- Prioritizing infrastructure improvements to the data center.
- Reviewing enterprise information security policies and plans.
- Identifying, prioritizing and recommending a sequence of major infrastructure improvement projects.
- Reviewing plans to improve end user support services provided by both IT organizations and AISR.
- Reviewing and prioritizing plans to improve network performance (in concert with the research committee).
- Reviewing disaster recovery plans.
This group consists of the following subcommittees: