Jefferson Information Technologies
New Student Orientation
Email: JeffMail | Pulse | Banner Web | Wireless Network Access | Download Technical Services Brochure |
The Campus Key — your universal login
The Campus Key account is your login credential to access all Jefferson applications and IT services. It uses the convention of 'FML###’ where F, M and L are your First, Middle and Last initials and ### is a random number. Regarding your middle initial - consider your Human Resources record when the Campus Key was created, if your middle name is unknown, the letter ‘x’ was used instead.
Not sure what your Campus Key is? Look up it up here.
Note: Your initial password will be the first letter of your first name followed by the first letter of your last name (lower case) followed by the last four digits of your social security number (e.g. AB1234). If you were accepted into your program before June 3, 2008, your initial password is your social security number.
How do I change my Campus Key password?
1. Use the reset form found on this site.
2. Follow the directions using the following password rules:
- The minimum password length is 6 characters and the maximum length is 8 characters.
- The maximum number of repeated characters is 2 (e.g. you cannot use passaaa).
- The following special characters cannot be used: * / , ; & \ | < > @
- You cannot use any of your three previously used passwords.
- You cannot use your Campus Key or your full name.
Note: If login or password change issues persist, please call (215) 503-7600 for help.
Email Accounts (JeffMail)
JeffMail is your university email system. It is used as the authoritative means for official communications among students, faculty, and staff. So make sure to check it regularly. There are two ways to access JeffMail:
- Enter Blackboard and click on the JeffMail tab.
- Or type http://jeffmail.jefferson.edu/ in your internet browser.
Blackboard is a University Web portal providing access to a variety of resources and applications for students, faculty, and staff. It includes:
- Course information and online content for classes taught at Jefferson.
- Departmental and research websites and information.
- JeffLINE: the TJU Library site with journals, research information, library policies, and related information.
- JeffMail: Browser-based web access to the university email system using the address form of firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Utilities such as email and phone directories, check Service Request Status and others.
What is Banner Web?
Banner is a student registration web application. You can register for classes, display class schedules, grades, and transcripts, as well as review financial aid requirements and awards. You can also update your address, phone, email, emergency contact information, etc.
How do I logon to Banner Web?
1. Login to Blackboard
2. Click on the Banner tab
Wireless Network Access
Jeff IT is continually upgrading and expanding the Jefferson wireless network. Access is currently available in all dormitory residences and most classrooms. All students are pre-registered for wireless networking. However, your PC needs to be configured. Read more about JeffWireless and wireless network configurations. A map of campus areas covered by wireless is also included.
If you require assistance with your wireless setup please call Jeff IT at (215) 503-7600, or send an email to Wireless@jefferson.edu. If your problem cannot be resolved on the phone, you can visit us at the Jeff IT Desk in the Scott Memorial Library 2nd floor, Located at 1020 Walnut Street.
date revised 01/14/2014
Policies & Disclaimers
Campus Key Help
— Wireless Coverage Map
— Intel Proset PDF
— Vista/Win 7
— Mac Tiger
— Mac Leopard
— Mac Snow Leopard
— Mac Lion
— Configuration Settings
JeffShare: Network Storage
— Avira Anti-vir
— Trend Micro Scan
— ClamXAV for Mac
— Spyware Terminator
TJU Dell Premier Page
Policies & Disclaimers