Jeff IT Applications
Online Storage: JeffShare
JeffShare is a new state-of-the-art storage and document management service. It provides all members of the TJU community with the ability to conveniently and securely store, access, share and manage their files and documents from on and off-campus locations. The JeffShare service is available to both departments and individuals. In fact, if you are a University employee, you are probably already using JeffShare. During the summer of 2008, almost all University network domain clients were converted to the use of JeffShare-based "home" drives.
If your "My Computer" window has an icon like the picture to the left, then you are a JeffShare client, even if you were not aware.
Key benefits of JeffShare include the following:
- Simple, web-based access to your documents from anywhere you have access to the Internet, using your campuskey.
- Secure web links that replace email attachments for easily sharing files with others, both inside and outside Jefferson.
- Improved security, access permissions and access history logs.
- Advanced features for document workflow, searching, version control, and laptop synchronization (offline access).
- The ability to map both home and office PC drive letters to your JeffShare document repository.
JeffShare is based on a solution from Xythos Software, Inc. (www.xythos.com). Xythos focuses exclusively on storage and document management products that utilize open standards and integrates easily with other applications at TJU such as our electronic directory, simplifying login and strengthening security. Xythos has a strong vendor reputation and market position with an extensive client base in the corporate, education and government sectors such as Johns Hopkins University, Yale University, Brigham and Women's Hospital, General Dynamics, and Verizon.
JeffShare is supported by the Jeff-IT Infrastructure Services and Service Desk Analyst teams. If you have a jefferson.edu email account, then you are already provisioned with JeffShare access. Simply point your favorite web browser to http://jeffshare.jefferson.edu, then use your campuskey and password.
date revised 11/21/08
Policies & Disclaimers
Campus Key Help
— Wireless Coverage Map
— Intel Proset PDF
— Vista/Win 7
— Mac Tiger
— Mac Leopard
— Mac Snow Leopard
— Mac Lion
— Configuration Settings
JeffShare: Network Storage
— Avira Anti-vir
— Trend Micro Scan
— ClamXAV for Mac
— Spyware Terminator
TJU Dell Premier Page
Policies & Disclaimers