Jeff IT Self-Service Forms
Update Current Website
Updates to your website can be handled in one of two ways:
- Jeff IT maintains your website. You will provide your updates/content to Jeff IT, who will add the content to the site.
- Maintaining your website's content by enrolling in the University Website Management System via Adobe Contribute.
Below are instructions on how to proceed with both:
Jeff IT Maintains Your Website
Once you submit a service request, a web technician will be in touch with you to obtain any needed content or instruction relating to your request. The assigned web technician will work together with you via email and over the phone to achieve the goals of your request, addressing any questions or concerns that you may have. Please follow the process below to begin:
- Submit a Service Request:
- You will be asked to enter your Campus Key. After you have done this, click "Next."
- You will be asked to enter your telephone number. Then following 'What type of service are you requesting? select the radio button 'World Wide Web.' then click "Next."
- Change Existing Web Site will be selected by default. Under 'What site are we working on?' specify your Department's full name or selecting 'Other' specify your Division, College, etc.
- Finally, enter the specifics of your request in the "Additional Details/Comments"
NOTE: If your request relates only to text updates/additions/deletions, you may enter the full details/instructions relating to your request here. Simply specify each individual webpage address that is to be updated (e.g. http://www.jefferson.edu...) followed by the text to be updated/added/deleted there. This will shorten the time it takes for your request to be completed, as most likely further information will not need to be obtained from you before work can begin on your request.
If you prefer to provide your text updates in another way (via a Word Document, etc.) you can provide this via email or other means, once the assigned technician is in contact.
- Click "Next."
- You will be presented a page with a Summary of your Request Type.
On this page, Click "Submit" to submit your request to Jeff IT.
- Your Service Request will then be assigned to a web technician.
- If your request requires further follow up, the assigned technician will contact you via email, and/or phone, to obtain further direction, as well as content that cannot be provided within the Service Request itself, such as images, documents, etc.
- Once your Service Request is submitted and assigned, you may check the status of your request by visiting the Jeff IT web page.
As of February 2009, Jeff IT is obligated to track changes and their respective approvals to our web servers. No changes can be made without formal approvals.
This constitutes new web sites (ie. the new brand), changes to site navigation, adding/deleting pages, this does not include content changes (text and images on existing pages).
This is a two step process.
Step 1, Testing Approval. As the client, you will need to formally approve the testing of your site's updates to insure that your request was correctly implemented. Click here for implicit instructions on how to approve. [total time needed: 5 minutes]
Step2, Production Test. After your pages have been posted to on www.jefferson.edu, you will need to verify all is intact and correctly displays per your initial request.. If you find the changes are in place, you will need to check the client approval on the Change Management form. Click here for detailed instructions. [total time needed: 5 minutes]
Using Contribute to Manage your Website
(aka University Website Management System)
Contribute is an Adobe product that allows non-HTML web professionals to manage their content on their TJU websites. You can edit copy, add pictures, and create links and new pages. Jeff IT will train you on how to get the most out of using Contribute to maintain your website. Jeff IT is available to assist you in requests that may require more than a typical Contribute layout.
- Purchase a Contribute license from the University Bookstore. Fax the receipt to the attention of Brian Borowski, at 215-503-2648.
- Jeff IT will add you to the Contribute server, assigning you, (and any other designees), to your website.
- Make arrangements to be trained on Contribute per the new branding initiative.
date revised 06/25/09
Policies & Disclaimers
Campus Key Help
— Wireless Coverage Map
— Intel Proset PDF
— Vista/Win 7
— Mac Tiger
— Mac Leopard
— Mac Snow Leopard
— Mac Lion
— Configuration Settings
JeffShare: Network Storage
— Avira Anti-vir
— Trend Micro Scan
— ClamXAV for Mac
— Spyware Terminator
TJU Dell Premier Page
Policies & Disclaimers