Faculty & Staff JeffMail Migration to Microsoft Exchange Online
Important Information |
How to Prepare |
Email Comparison |
User Documentation |
Jeff IT has begun migrating all Thomas Jefferson University faculty and staff email accounts to Microsoft Exchange Online. Gmail accounts for students will remain unaffected.
Microsoft Exchange Online is a cloud-based email system that offers TJU employees secure and robust access to their Jefferson email. Other benefits include drastically increased mail storage for faculty & staff, full-featured webmail access and decreased overall costs for TJU. Faculty and staff will continue to use their existing JeffMail account names (firstname.lastname@example.org) which will continue to be managed and administered by Jeff IT. Existing mailing lists will not be affected.
Many universities have begun outsourcing email services to companies such as Microsoft. Moving faculty and staff email to Microsoft Exchange Online will result in capital cost savings and improved email service, while permitting Jeff IT to retain control and ownership of the service.
- Clients will be migrated on a department-by-department basis. You will receive an email communication from Jeff IT with details on when your department will be migrated. To lookup your designated email migration date, click here.
- Gmail accounts for students will remain unaffected.
- Faculty and staff email addresses will stay the same and all mailing lists will continue to work. No existing administrative or communications procedures will change.
- All JeffMail email folders will be migrated to Microsoft Exchange Online. Please note that local email folders in your thick-client (Outlook, Entourage, etc.) will not be migrated; however, they will still be available from your thick-client.
- Email storage will drastically increase from the standard Jeffmail storage quota to 25 gigabytes.
- JeffMail contacts will also be migrated to Microsoft Exchange Online.
- Jeff IT will continue to manage the provisioning of accounts and all passwords will stay under our management and control. TJU will have full control over the service and will continue to provide user support.
- All TJU & JUP employees will have their accounts migrated to Microsoft Hosted Exchange.
- During the cutover Jeff IT does not expect any service disruptions, but it may take up to 24 hours for all of your existing email to be transferred. During this time clients will be able to access the old mail system to retrieve emails and settings. Clients will receive an email closer to the migration date with information on accessing the old mail system.
- You will continue to have access to JeffMail from your mobile devices.
Policies & Disclaimers
Campus Key Help
— Wireless Coverage Map
— Intel Proset PDF
— Vista/Win 7
— Mac Tiger
— Mac Leopard
— Mac Snow Leopard
— Mac Lion
— Configuration Settings
JeffShare: Network Storage
— Avira Anti-vir
— Trend Micro Scan
— ClamXAV for Mac
— Spyware Terminator
TJU Dell Premier Page
Policies & Disclaimers