Recent Print Coverage
* Stephen A. Feig, Director of the Breast Imaging Center, discussed the need for annual mammograms for women to begin at age 40 in many local and national publications including the New York Daily News (circulation 800,000) on December 3, the Star Tribune (circulation 696,084) on December 8, the Chicago Tribune (circulation 691,283) on December 3, the Detroit Free Press (circulation 638,083) on December 4, the Chicago Sun-Times (circulation 501,115) on December 3, the Houston Chronicle (circulation 416,004) on December 3, the Star Tribune (circulation 412,482) on December 19, the Orange County Register (circulation 353,779) on December 3, the Oregonian (circulation 333,654) on December 3, the Sun (circulation 326,864) on December 3, the Philadelphia Tribune (circulation 111,000) on December 3.
* David T. Harris, MD, Clinical Professor of Medicine, discussed the possibility of using a prostate-specific antigen (PSA)-based vaccine to ward off relapses of prostate cancer in the February issue of Men's Health Magazine (circulation 1,200,000).
* Yedy Israel, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, discussed his new screening counseling method for problem drinkers in the Toronto Star (circulation 475,000) on December 23.
Recent Television and
* Donna Barbot, MD, Associate Professor of Surgery, discussed how a new procedure called cryoablation is being used to destroy cancer tissue in the liver by freezing it to death on WPEC-TV (CBS in West Palm Beach) on December 4, WGAL-TV (NBC in Harrisburg) on December 5 and on KBAK-TV (CBS in Bakersfield) on December 11.
* A 4-year-old patient of Pediatrician Gary A. Emmett, MD, showed his delight at receiving a "Tickle-Me-Elmo" doll that was donated to the Pediatric Unit by a friend of Jefferson on WTXF-TV (Ch. 29) on December 25 and WPVI-TV (Ch. 6) on December 26.
* Michael Savage, MD, Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, explained how a new catheter called the AngioJet can be used to clear blocked coronary arteries with jets of saline on WCAU-TV (Ch. 10) on December 8.
* Gynecologic oncologist Charles Dutton, MD, discussed the importance of surgery in the fight against ovarian cancer on the Fox News Cable Channel on December 26.