Jeffersonians in the News
Recent Print Coverage
Recent Television and Radio Coverage
- Sleep specialist Karl Doghramji, MD, explained the influence
food and drink can have on sleep patterns in First For Women magazine
(circulation 1,500,000) on October 28.
- Efforts by Eric Kmiec, PhD, Associate Professor of Pharmacology,
to find a synthetic molecule to correct the gene mutation that causes sickle
cell anemia appeared in the November issue of Scientific American
- Robert L. Comis, MD, Clinical Director of the Kimmel Cancer Center,
commented on a study showing cancer death rates declining for the first
time this century in the Philadelphia Inquirer (circulation 504,903)
on November 14.
- Yedy Israel, PhD, professor of pathology, anatomy and cell biology
discussed his new screening/counseling method for problem drinkers on local,
national, and international outlets including: WTXF-TV (Ch. 29), WPVI-TV
(Ch. 6), Reuters, NTLI-TV (Cable outlet in New York), WRC-TV (NBC in Washington),
KTVK-TV (Ch. 3 in Indiana), WHP-TV (Ch. 21 in Harrisburg), WNYW-TV (Fox
in New York), WFXT-TV (Fox in Boston), KDFW-TV (Fox in Dallas), WKYC-TV
(NBC in Cleveland), KING-TV (NBC in Seattle), WSVN-TV (Fox in Miami), KCRA-TV
(NBC in Sacramento), KUSA-TV (NBC in Denver), KGW-TV (NBC in Portland),
WFLX-TV (Fox in West Palm Beach), WAND-TV (ABC in Springfield), KNWS-TV
(Independent news outlet in Houston), KSAT-TV (ABC in San Antonio), CNN,
MSNBC, Today, Conus, Global News, Cox Broadcast, Medill News Service, Standard
News Service, Radio Free Europe, AP Radio, Burns News Bureau and Tokyo Broadcasting
- In-vitro Fertilization Director Gregory Fossum, MD, performed
and explained a zygote intrafallopian tube transfer (ZIFT) on WPVI-TV (Ch.
6), WTXF-TV (Ch. 29) and Inquirer News Tonight (Ch. 17) on November
- George Davis, DO, Obstetrician/Gynecologist, discussed how inserting
a shunt into the chest of a baby girl in-utero allowed fluid to be drained
and her lungs to develop on WCAU-TV (NBC 10) on November 14 and WNBC-TV
(NBC in New York) on November 25.
- Sergio Jimenez, MD, Director of the Division of Rheumatology,
discussed the autoimmune disease scleroderma on WPVI-TV (Ch. 6) on November
15 and 17.