Recent Print Coverage
* Alvin F. Goldfarb, MD, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, explained steps women should take to ensure their fertility in the February issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine (circulation 2,741,802).
* Steven Greenbaum, MD, Chief of Dermatology Surgery, offered tips on how to combat and prevent dandruff in the March issue of Men's Health Magazine (circulation 1,200,000).
* John Ditunno, MD, Chairman of the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, explained that automobile accidents are the leading cause of spinal-cord injuries in the nation in the April - June issue of Family Safety & Health Magazine (circulation 1,000,000).
* Barbara Turner, MD, Professor of Medicine, explained that a research study she headed showed that HIV-positive women who smoke during pregnancy are more likely than nonsmokers to pass the virus on to their babies in the Boston Globe (circulation 498,853) on April 2.
* Radiation Oncologist Adam P. Dicker, MD, discussed brachy-
therapy, or radioactive seed implantation, as a new treatment for prostate cancer in the Philadelphia Tribune (circulation 111,000) on March 4.
Recent Television and Radio Coverage
* Urologist Stephen Strup, MD, discussed testicular cancer detection and treatment on WCAU-TV (Ch. 10) on March 21.
* Evan Frank, MD, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Director of the Pain Center, explained how paralyzed people can still experience pain and the treatment options available to them on WTXF-TV (Ch. 29) on March 21.
* Eric Gibson, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, explained that putting babies to sleep on their backs is an excellent precaution against sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) on Good Day Philadelphia a morning news program appearing on WTXF-TV (Ch. 29) on March 21.
* Roger Pomerantz, MD, Director of the Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Medicine, explained that only viruses can cause colds, debunking the old myth that you can catch a cold by running outside without a coat on CNBC Cable Programming on March 31.
* Edward Ruby, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, recently discussed the causes and prevention of osteoporosis on Channel 61 and the treatment of diabetes on a telethon that aired in Atlantic City, New Jersey on Channel 40.