Recent Print Coverage
* Stephen Feig, MD, Director of Breast Imaging, explained the process of a baseline mammogram in the July issue of Redbook magazine (circulation 3,253,746).
* Orthopaedic surgeon Michael Ciccotti, MD, discussed women and weightlifting in U.S. News & World Report (circulation 2,228,620) on August 4.
* Virologist Hilary Koprowski, MD, discussed the time-tested efficacy of the polio vaccine in the Philadelphia Inquirer (circulation 945,532) on August 10.
* Rodney Bell, MD, Director of the Stroke Center, advised that people should go immediately to an emergency room if they think they are experiencing stroke symptoms since early intervention is the key to halt damage caused by stroke in the Philadelphia Daily News (circulation 205,000) on July 7.
Recent Radio and Television Coverage
* Kirk McHugh, PhD, Associate Professor of Pathology, explained a new genetic test designed to determine whether uterine fibroids are malignant or benign, possibly saving unnecessary hysterectomies on WPVI-TV (Ch. 6) on July 15, on WTXF-TV (Ch. 29) on July 18, on Fox News Channel on July 28, on WJBK-TV (Fox in Detroit) on July 28, on WAGA-TV (Fox in Atlanta) on July 28, on WXIX-TV (Fox in Cincinnati) on July 28, and on KDFW-TV on July 29.
* Rheumatologist Raphael DeHoratius, MD, explained the severity of lupus and how some women do not even realize that they have it on WKYC-TV (NBC in Cleveland) on July 30.
* Fertility Specialist Gregory Fossum, MD, discussed a new saliva-based fertility test for women on WJBK-TV (Fox in Detroit) on July 1, and on WNYW-TV (Fox in New York) on July 7.
* Pediatric Researcher Sandra Hassink, MD, discussed the identification of leptin in the placenta and blood of newborns on WPVI-TV (Ch. 6) on July 7.