Chance to Get a Flu Shot
December is the last month to get a free flu shot at University Health Services. The office is offering free influenza vaccine shots at Walnut Towers, 211 S. 9th St., Suite 400. during the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Know Your Status, Call 1-800-858-8806
The advent of winter, with ice, snow and frigid temperatures, can present significant challenges for the Jefferson community.
“Jefferson must be prepared for whatever may develop,” said John P. Sullivan, Vice President for Administration.
Here are some important points from Jefferson’s weather emergency policy to keep in mind:
• Department Heads will advise all faculty and employees of their status as either “designated” or nondesignated” personnel.
• Designated personnel are required to report in the event of a declared weather emergency. Absences of designated personnel during a weather emergency are without pay, but are not charged to an employee’s lost-time rate under the attendance policy.
• Nondesignated personnel, while expected to make every effort to report as scheduled, may use a vacation or personal day if transportation or other weather-related problems result in lost time during a weather emergency.
• A toll-free Jefferson hotline, 1-800-858-8806, will provide
complete weather-emergency information.
• Students can also obtain weather-emergency information from the hotline. The dean of each academic division will decide about class cancellation. Scheduled classes for MD and PhD students will take place regardless of weather conditions. All third- and fourth-year medical students are expected to report for their scheduled clinical assignments.
Anyone with questions about the policy may contact the office of employee relations at 3-7758.
The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking female volunteers between 40 and 65 who are postmenopausal for a six-month study on osteoporosis therapy. Compensation
will be provided to qualified participants. For more information, call