Five Customer Service Pointers
- Immediately acknowledge customers with a greeting, such as Good morning, how may I
help you? or by making eye contact.
- Practice exceptional telephone skills. Identify yourself when answering the phone and
personalize the call by using the callers name.
- Dont let customers wait too long for assistance. Always explain delays and
apologize for the inconvenience.
- Use positive language, such as, I can schedule your appointment with Dr. Smith on
Friday, September 6, rather than saying I cant schedule your appointment
with Dr. Smith until Friday, September 6.
- Help customers solve problems by offering options, whenever possible. If you do not have
an answer to a customers question, offer to get back to him or her with more