Howard Gamper, Jr., PhD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-4954 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Structural and Mechanistic Basis for Enhanced Translational Efficiency by 2-Thiouridine at the tRNA Anticodon Wobble Position
- Potential for interdependent development of tRNA determinants for aminoacylation and ribosome decoding.
- Distinct kinetic determinants for the stepwise CCA addition to tRNA
- RecA-mediated strand invasion of DNA by oligonucleotides substituted with 2-aminoadenine and 2-thiothymine
- Properties of pseudo-complementary DNA substituted with weakly pairing analogs of guanine or cytosine
PhD, University of California at Berkeley, Comparative Biochemistry - 1979
Expertise and Research Interests
Development and use of pseudo-complementary nucleic acids in biotechnology, diagnostics and therapeutics; tRNA; Translation.