Andrea Barsevick, PhD
The Franklin Building, Suite 314
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-9506 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Recommendations for high-priority research on cancer-related fatigue in children and adults
- The personal patient profile-prostate decision support for men with localized prostate cancer: A multi-center randomized trial
- Preparing individuals to communicate genetic test results to their relatives: Report of a randomized control trial
- Predictors of depression in breast cancer patients treated with radiation: Role of prior chemotherapy and nuclear factor kappa B
- Cancer-related fatigue and its impact on functioning
PhD - Rush University (Nursing) - 1984
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Nurse Scholars Program, University of Rochester, Rochester NY
Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse (AOCN) - 2002-14
Research & Clinical Interests
Dr. Barsevick is a leader in the study of cancer-related symptoms across the disease-treatment-survivorship continuum. The goal of her research is the alleviation of troublesome symptoms and problems that diminish quality of life during and after cancer treatment.
Other research interests include bio-behavioral determinants of cancer-related symptoms; genomic influences on cancer-related symptoms; quality of life; psychosocial oncology; health disparities; tailoring resources for African American breast cancer survivors; patient-centered communication; cognitive behavioral intervention to improve quality of life.