Sandra Fernandez, PhD
Bluemle Life Science Building, Room 1002
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Presence of anaplastic lymphoma kinase in inflammatory breast cancer
- EZH2 knockdown suppresses the growth and invasion of human inflammatory breast cancer cells
- Inflammatory breast cancer (IBC): Clues for targeted therapies
- Expression and DNA methylation changes in human breast epithelial cells after bisphenol A exposure
- Hypermethylation of the progesterone receptor A in constitutive antiprogestin-resistant mouse mammary carcinomas
University of Buenos Aires, School of Sciences, Luis F. Leloir Institute, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Nebraska, Lincoln NE, USA
Research Assistant Professor
Research & Clinical Interests
Dr. Sandra V. Fernandez focus is on the translational research and treatment of inflammatory breast cancer (IBC), the rare and aggressive form of breast cancer in which cancer cells block lymph vessels in the skin of the breast. She also has expertise in the development of novel diagnostic and prognostic markers in primary and metastatic breast cancer (MBC).
The research of Dr. Sandra V. Fernandez , in collaboration with Dr. Massimo Cristofanilli, aims to improve personalized medicine for breast cancer patients, focusing on molecular targeted agents, biomarkers and gene therapies, and bridging the gap between the bench and bedside in a more practical and smarter way.