Mark Weiss, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Treatment of adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Do the specifics of the regimen matter?: Results from a prospective randomized trial
- Treatment of adult ALL: More questions than answers
- Treatment of adult ALL: more questions than answers.
- A2-step approach to myeloablative haploidentical stem cell transplantation: A phase 1/2 trial performed with optimized T-cell dosing
- The addition of rituximab to fludarabine and cyclophosphamide improves progression-free survival in patients with previously treated chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Cornell University Medical College - 1983
Vanderbilt University Hospital
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Active Medical Staff
Director, Division of Hematologic Malignancies and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
Professor of Medical Oncology
Research and Clinical Interests
Medical Oncology, Hematologic Malignancies, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Bone Marrow Transplant
I am currently Professor of Medical Oncology and Director of the Division of Hematologic Malignancies and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in the Division of Medical Oncology at Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Throughout my career, I have focused on developing new and improved therapies for adult patients with lymphoid leukemias. Given the older age of patients with these diseases my work has focused on developing less toxic therapies that preserve a high level of anti-leukemic effect. I have served as the PI on numerous grants including an NCI suggested RO1 to develop novel strategies of treatment for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.