David J. Whellen, MD, MHS, FACC, FAHA
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-7420 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Conceptual model for heart failure disease management
- The effects of exercise on cardiovascular biomarkers in patients with chronic heart failure
- End-of-life care in patients with heart failure
- Electrocardiographic safety of cangrelor, a new intravenous antiplatelet agent: A randomized, double-blind, placebo- and moxifloxacin-controlled thorough QT study
- Soluble ST2 in ambulatory patients with heart failure: Association with functional capacity and long-term outcomes.
MD, Washington University School of Medicine
Master Health Science in Clinical Research, Duke University
Hospital of University of Pennsylvania (HUP)
Clinical Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Expertise & Research Interests
Dr. Whellan joins us from Duke University Hospital in Durham, North Carolina, where he arrived in 1997 after earning his MD at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and his residency at the University of Pennsylvania. At Duke, Dr. Whellan earned his Master of Health Sciences in Clinical Research, was an Assistant Professor of Medicine and a Fellow in Clinical Cardiology and Clinical Research Fellow. He is a leading researcher in outcomes analysis and clinical trials in congesetive heart failure. He currently serves as the Director of the Jefferson Coordinating Center for Clinical Research.