Interstitial Lung Disease Program
For Medical Providers
Who We Are
- Ross Summer, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, physician-scientist who specializes in treatment of interstitial lung disease and engages in laboratory investigation to better understand the molecular mechanisms driving the development of lung fibrosis.
- Sandra Weibel, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, specializes in treatment of interstitial lung disease and has been a leader in treatment of scleroderma lung disease at Thomas Jefferson University for over 15 years.
- Michael Scharf, MD. Associate Professor of Medicine, specializes in treatment of pulmonary hypertension and has extensive experience with treatment scleroderma-related PAH.
- Mani Kavuru, MD, Professor of Medicine, has recognized expertise in several disorders including sarcoidosis and pulmonary alveolar proteinosis.
- Sergio Jimenez, MD, Professor of Medicine, Director of the Scleroderma Center has been committed to the study of Scleroderma and to the treatment of patients with Scleroderma for over 30 years.
- Fabian A. Mendoza-Ballesteros, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Rheumatology, specializes in treatment of all aspects of scleroderma.
- Jennifer Sloan, MD - Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Rheumatology, specializes in treatment of all aspects of connective tissue diseases.
- Joel Rosenbloom, PhD- Professor of Medicine, renowned leader in area of fibrosis research.
- Achala Donuru, MD. – Instructor, Highly experienced chest radiologist
- John Farber, MD.– Professor of Pathology, world-renowned expert in lung pathology.
- Scott Cowan, MD. – Thoracic surgeon
- Nate Evans, MD. Thoracic surgeon
How to Schedule a Patient
To schedule a clinic visit, refer a patient, or speak with one of our physicians, please contact us at:
- How to refer a patient to Jefferson? Call 1 800-JEFFNOW and ask the operator to schedule a new patient visit with one of the physicians listed above for an evaluation of interstitial lung disease.
- What to expect from your referral? Upon completion of our evaluation, our physicians will provide a written report to the referring physician outlining the diagnosis and suggested treatment plan. Subsequent management will be arranged between the physicians and patient.
- May I retain management of my patient after referral to Jefferson? Yes. We encourage that patients continue to see their referring physician regularly and obtain testing locally, though we also enjoy seeing the patients intermittently in order to maintain continuity should the patient’s condition change over time.