Danielle Duffy, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-5650 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- The impact of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels on long-term outcomes after non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction
- Update on strategies to increase HDL quantity and function.
- Potent and selective PPAR-α agonist LY518674 upregulates both apoA-I production and catabolism in human subjects with the metabolic syndrome
- Safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of oral apoA-I mimetic peptide D-4F in high-risk cardiovascular patients
- Endocannabinoid Antagonism: Blocking the Excess in the Treatment of High-Risk Abdominal Obesity
MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine - 2002
Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Cardiovascular Diseases, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Post-doctoral Research Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Expertise & Research Areas
My areas of clinical expertise are complex lipid disorders, cardiovascular prevention, and cardiovascular disease in women. My general research focus is preventive cardiology. My specific interests and ongoing projects involve new therapeutics for HDL and LDL-cholesterol, the use of additional diagnotic testing for cardiovascular risk stratification, and women's cardiovascular prevention.
Lipid disorders; preventive cardiology; familial hypercholesterolemia; new therapeutics; women's cardiovascular health