David J. Whellan, MD, MHS, FACC, FAHA
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-7420 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Conceptual model for heart failure disease management
- The effects of exercise on cardiovascular biomarkers in patients with chronic heart failure
- End-of-life care in patients with heart failure
- Electrocardiographic safety of cangrelor, a new intravenous antiplatelet agent: A randomized, double-blind, placebo- and moxifloxacin-controlled thorough QT study
- Soluble ST2 in ambulatory patients with heart failure: Association with functional capacity and long-term outcomes.
Washington University School of Medicine - 1994
Master of Health Sciences, Duke University - 2002
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Cardiology, Duke University and the Duke Clinical Research Institute
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Expertise & Research Interests
Dr. Whellan is the Co-Principal Investigator of the HF-ACTION study, a NIH grant for research in heart failure and exercise training. In addition, he has served as the national PI for the PARTNERS HF study and currently sits on the steering committee for the ASCEND and TRACER-ACS trials.
He has authored over 100 peer-reviewed articles, reviews, abstracts, and book chapters on cardiomyopathy; and is an associate editor for American Heart Journal.