Publications, Grant Submissions & Awards
Awards / Publications / News of Note
Elani Anni, Ph.D.
Raj Vadigepalli, Ph.D.
- Ogony J.W., Malahias E., *Vadigepalli R, and *Anni H. (2013) Ethanol alters the balance of Sox2, Oct4 and Nanog expression in distinct subpopulations during differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 22(15) Epub ahead of print. [*joint corresponding author]
- Sanchez-Alvarez R., Gayen S., *Vadigepalli, R. and *Anni H. (2013) Ethanol diverts early neuronal differentiation trajectory of embryonic stem cells by disrupting the balance of lineage specifiers. PLoS ONE (Accepted). [*joint corresponding authors]
- Malahias E., Achanta S., Vadigepalli R. and Anni H. (2013) Ethanol interferes with the progression of germ layers in single embryoid bodies. In Proc Sigma Xi Student Research Day: Cellular and Molecular Biology, p9, 33
The work was presented by Ms. Evangelia Malahias, an undergraduate Biochemistry student at Temple University who did an internship in Dr. Anni's lab, and won an award at the Annual Sigma Xi Student Research Day, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA (April 17, 2013).
- Vadigepalli R., Achanta S., Malahias E. and Anni H. (2013) Ethanol modulates through opposing microRNAs cell fate of differentiating mouse embryonic stem cells. Alcohol. Clin. Exp. Res. 37(6)S1:148
Work will be presented at the upcoming 36th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Research Society on Alcoholism, June 23, 2013, Orlando, FL
Ashlie Burkart, M.D.
Sue Menko, Ph.D.
David Strayer, M.D., Ph.D.
- Were awarded the JMC Dean’s Award for Excellence in Education and will be honored at the JMC Faculty Awards Dinner on April 30th.
Gyorgy Csordas, M.D.
Gyorgy Hajnoczky. M.D., Ph.D.
Erin Seifert, Ph.D.
- György Csordás1, Tünde Golenár1, Erin L. Seifert1, Kimberli J. Kamer2, Yasemin Sancak2, Fabiana Perocchi2, Cynthia Moffat1, David Weaver1, Sergio de la Fuente Perez1, Roman Bogorad4, Victor Koteliansky4, Jeffrey Adijanto1, Vamsi K. Mootha2, and György Hajnóczky1 MICU1 controls both the threshold and cooperative activation of the mitochondrial Ca2+ uniporter. Cell Metabolism, In press. 2013.
Jay Herman, M.D.
The following research has been IRB approved:
- Principle Investigator: “Does thrombocytopenia below 100,000 platelets/mm3 contribute to bleeding severity in patients with head bleeds?”
- Principle Investigator: “Are newer HLA antibody screening methods no longer useful in predicting clinical platelet transfusion refractoriness?”
Renato Iozzo, M.D.
- Was awarded the JMC Research Career Achievement Award and will be honored at the JMC Faculty Awards Dinner on April 30th.
- Baghy, K., Horváth, Z., Schaff, Z., Iozzo, R.V. and Ilona Kovalszky. Decorin interferes with platelet-derived growth factor receptor signaling in experimental hepatocarcinogenesis. FEBS J., In press, 2013.
- Bocian, C., Urbanowitz, A-K, Owens, R.T., Iozzo, R.V., Götte, M., and Seidler, D.G. Decorin potentiates IFN-γ activity in a model of allergic inflammation. J. Biol. Chem. In press, 2013.
- Vlodavsky,I., Iozzo, R.V., and Sanderson, R.D. Heparanase; Multiple functions in inflammation, diabetes and atherosclerosis. Matrix Biol. In press, 2013.
- Chen, S., Sun, M., Iozzo, R.V., Kao, W. W.‑Y. and Birk, D.E. Intracellularly retained decorin protein core lacking the C-terminal ear repeat causes ER stress: A cell-based etiological mechanism for congenital stromal corneal dystrophy. Am. J. Pathol., In press, 2013.