Scot A. Fisher, DO
10800 Knights Road
Philadelphia, PA 19114
(215) 612-4350 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Quantitation of defective and ecotropic viruses during LP-BM5 infection by real time PCR and RT-PCR
- Interferon-γ Response by Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells to Hepatitis C Virus Core Antigen Is Reduced in Patients with Liver Fibrosis
- Tumor progression despite efficient tumor antigen cross-presentation and effective "arming" of tumor antigen-specific CTL
- Lack of ignorance to tumor antigens: Evaluation using nominal antigen transfection and T-Cell receptor transgenic lymphocytes in Lyons-Parish analysis - Implications for tumor tolerance
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy, radical resection with intraoperative reidation therapy (IORT) : Improved treatment for gastric adenocarcinoma
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Radiation Oncology, Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
American Board of Radiology (Therapeutic Radiology), 1987
Clinical Associate Professor: 2001 - Present
Vice Chair, Business Development: 2011 - Present
Research and Clinical Interests
I am the Director of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Aria Health in Northeast Philadelphia and Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Jefferson Medical College.My program treats all types of adult malignancies with special emphasis on the seamless delivery of integrated cancer care for our patients. This includes working closely with our colleagues in medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiology and pathology. In addition to our weekly Tumor Board, the program has dedicated weekly conferences for the management of lung cancer and weekly multidisciplinary clinic for breast cancer. Patients are seen quickly and efficiently in the department and our department strives to communicate our goals to the patient, their family, and physicians in a timely manner. We accrue patients to national clinical protocols through the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG), Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG), and the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP).
I am board certified in radiation oncology by the American Board of Radiology (ABR).My area of clinical expertise include the treatment of soft tissue sarcomas and lung cancer. Our departmental equipment includes: a Varian Trilogy capable of delivering Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT), Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT). In addition, we have a second Varian linear accelerator, a dedicated CT simulator, and sophisticated treatment planning systems.
In addition to my clinical duties, I also serve as the Vice Chairman for Business Development and Director of Off-Campus Programs for our department. My responsibilities include management of our current off campus programs as well as developing new programs in our region. Our other off campus sites in addition to Jefferson Radiation Oncology at Aria Health are: Jefferson Radiation Oncology at Methodist Hospital, Jefferson Radiation Oncology at Riddle Memorial Hospital, Jefferson Radiation Oncology at Nazareth Hospital, and CyberKnife at the Rothman Specialty Hospital.