Jefferson School of Nursing
USPHS Nurse Traineeship Grant
The following criteria will be used in the selection of recipients of the Traineeship Grant:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Admission to the Graduate Program in Nursing for the Fall semester.
- Available for full time study (12 month school year).
- Graduate School Nursing Major: All specialty areas are eligible.
- Academic excellence as demonstrated by grade point average.
- Academic and clinical competence.
- Identification of goals related to advanced practice in Nursing.
- Evidence of leadership skills and the potential to make significant contributions in the area of scholarly works and research.
- Submission of the completed Traineeship Grant Application no later than July 1st.
- Recipients must complete and return the US Department of Health and Human Services Statement of Appointment - Form PHS 2271, which is found at the following link http://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms.htm
IMPORTANT: The form indicates to Return this form to the PHS awarding component, however, for this program, the form is maintained at the institution (JSN) and not submitted to HRSA.
If you have any questions please call Dr. Beth Ann Swan, Associate Dean, at (215) 503-8057