Jefferson School of Nursing
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) for Prelicensure Students - Traditional option
Designed for individuals with no prior nursing education and no bachelor’s degree, Jefferson’s fully accredited BSN program provides an educational foundation for professional nursing practice and graduate study in nursing. Emphasizing the relationship between academic and clinical experience, the program promotes continued intellectual inquiry.
This four-year traditional Prelicensure BSN option enrolls students who have completed their first two years of prerequisite work at another institution. All prerequisite and nursing courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
Prerequisite Work: Students complete two years or 59 credits of prerequisite coursework in sciences, humanities, and related disciplines that lay the foundation for professional studies in the General Studies Department at Thomas Jefferson University or at another college or university.
Professional Nursing Major: Students complete four semesters of nursing theory and clinical course work for a total of 64 credits. The BSN Program requires a total of 123 credits. View the Prelicensure BSN Full-Time Curriculum Plan.
Jefferson Nursing students learn clinical skills in a risk-free, simulated-patient environment that is one of the nation’s leading centers of its kind. Combined with their clinical practice at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, our BSN students graduate with far more hours of clinical experience than is professionally required. Perhaps this is why Jefferson BSN graduates have consistently scored among the highest pass rates on the national licensure examination of all PA professional nursing programs.
- All official college transcripts. International students must submit an evaluation of their foreign transcripts by the World Education Service.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An essay of 400-600 words.
- Completion of Prerequisite Courses (PDF file) with a grade of C or better.. You need not complete all prerequisite courses before you apply; however, your admission is contingent upon the successful completion of all prerequisite coursework prior to beginning the Fall semester.
- Demonstration of English language proficiency based upon the School of Nursing’s requirements.
- Criminal Background Check/Child Abuse Clearance
- Fingerprinting and Drug Testing
- A professional admissions interview is required of all academically eligible applicants; students will be notified through e-mail to schedule this interview.
Please click here to sign up for an on-campus event in order to:
– discuss prerequisite course requirements
– review curriculum
– take a campus tour
– review application requirements
Or call our office, 1-877-JEFF-247 (877-533-3247) or e-mail JSNAdmissions@ jefferson.edu for more general help.