Jefferson School of Nursing
Facilitated Academic Coursework Track (FACT)
The Facilitated Academic Coursework Track (FACT) is for highly talented students who already hold a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing. FACT students earn the BSN degree in 12 consecutive months of intensive full-time study.
Students accepted into this program option are admitted to both the undergraduate and graduate programs. During the program’s undergraduate phase, students earn 55-credits, and an additional 9 graduate credits at JSN. Students are scheduled for theory course content two days per week; and clinical practicum experience 24 hours per week. This schedule allows time to integrate theoretical concepts and constructs into clinical practice. Clinical hours may include evenings and weekends.
At the end of the program, students take the state nursing licensing exam and if successful, select their specialty area in the MSN specialty they wish to pursue.
View the FACT Curriculum Plan
- A baccalaureate degree and 26 specific credits of prerequisite course requirements completed with a grade of C or better. You need not complete all prerequisite courses before you apply; however, your admission is contingent upon the successful completion of all prerequisite coursework prior to beginning the Fall semester.
- All official college transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- An essay of 400-600 words
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores. Applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher are not required to report test scores. Applicants who are currently in a bachelor's degree program with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher are not required to report test scores. Standard rounding rules apply, e.g. 3.15 or higher is rounded to 3.2, whereas 3.14 is not.
- Applicants who have an earned bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA under 3.2 must present evidence of competitive scores on the GRE, GRE Writing Examination, or MAT. Test scores are valid for two years from the date taken.
- Demonstration of English language proficiency
- Criminal Background Check/Child Abuse Clearance
- Fingerprinting and Drug Testing
- A professional admissions interview is required of all academically eligible applicants; students will be notified through e-mail to schedule this interview.
Please click here to sign up for an on-campus event in order to:
– discuss prerequisite course requirements
– review curriculum
– take a campus tour
– review application requirements
Or call our office, 1-877-JEFF-247 (877-533-3247) or e-mail JSNAdmissions@ jefferson.edu for more general help.