Jefferson School of Nursing
PACE Advanced Admission Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why do I have to wait until my junior year in college to attend Jefferson School of Nursing?
A. Jefferson is an upper division school. This means that students are required to have completed two years of college study at another institution.
Q. Is it possible to tour Jefferson School of Nursing or to meet with one of the counselors?
A. Yes, we encourage you to take a campus tour and meet with an Admissions Counselor.
Plan A College Education (PACE)
High school seniors who are committed to a career in nursing may apply for admission to Jefferson School of Nursing through PACE, our advanced admission program. If accepted into this program, students are guaranteed admission in our prelicensure BSN program for the fall semester of their junior year in college provided the PACE students:
- Complete all prerequisite courses at an accredited college or university before beginning their studies here and
- Maintain a grade of C or better during their first two years of college and
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative and science GPA.
Jefferson maintains formal transfer agreements with select two- and four-year colleges. High school students are encouraged, but not required, to attend a college that that has a formal transfer agreement with Thomas Jefferson University. By attending one of these institutions, students can be assured that it offers all courses necessary for transfer to Jefferson.
Students accepted into the PACE program are invited to select Jefferson School of Nursing events prior to their enrollment, such as PACE Picnic, PACE Advising Day and Shadow Day.
- Strong background in math and science
- Online application and $25 application fee
- Official high school transcript
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- Essay Question
- A professional interview at the School of Nursing. Jefferson will contact academically eligible applicants via e-mail to schedule this required interview, provided a student opening is still available.
- Volunteer experience in a healthcare setting is strongly recommended
"The PACE program allowed me to have the confidence of knowing where I would end up and the chance to experience an additional college in the process. The faculty and staff at Jefferson kept in contact with me through my first two years and were so helpful when I ran into "snags" with my courses. They really want us to succeed here at Jefferson and will listen to your questions and concerns no matter how little you think they are."
-- Erin Hartman, RN, Class of 2006
Please click here to sign up for an on-campus event in order to:
– discuss prerequisite course requirements
– review curriculum
– take a campus tour
– review application requirements
Or call our office, 1-877-JEFF-247 (877-533-3247) or e-mail JSNAdmissions@ jefferson.edu for more general help.