Jefferson School of Pharmacy
Partnerships & Affiliates
College Partnerships & Affiliations
Affiliations with a number of colleges, universities and community colleges make it easy to transition into Jefferson.
Jefferson has general agreements with forty partner schools. These flexible agreements allow students to begin their education at a school of their choice and take the courses they want, including the prerequisites they need for Jefferson.
The benefit of the General Agreement is that students are guaranteed admission to Jefferson under the following conditions:
- All prerequisite coursework must be completed prior to enrollment at Jefferson
- A designated partner school representative must recommend the student for admission
- The students must have earned at least a 2.7 cumulative GPA
- The students must have earned at least a C in all prerequisite coursework
- Where TOEFL is mandated, a minimum score of 87 (Internet-based) is required
- Accepted students must submit the results of a criminal background check and child abuse clearance prior to matriculation
Earn a BS and PharmD in 7 years through U. Delaware Partnership
The Jefferson School of Pharmacy and the University of Delaware have a cooperative agreement that offers students an opportunity to earn a bachelor of science in biological sciences with a concentration in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BS) and a doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) in seven years after graduation from high school.
To participate in the program, students first apply to the University of Delaware (UD).
- Apply for admission to University of Delaware’s (UD) Pharmacy Interest group. Once admitted, students will select the chemistry or biological science educational track.
- Complete PharmD prerequisites
- Apply to Jefferson School of Pharmacy after completing prerequisites (during the fifth semester). See application requirements, below.
If accepted to JSP, students change their UD major to a B.S. in Biological Sciences with a concentration in Pharmaceutical Sciences and earn UD credit for courses taken in the JSP program. Students receive the BS from UD after completing the degree requirements, likely in the first year at JSP. Thomas Jefferson University awards the PharmD after successful completion of the fourth year at JSP.
Application to Jefferson requires:
- Completed PharmCAS and Jefferson applications
- PharmCAS application fee and $25 supplemental Jefferson application fee
- PCAT test scores in the 70th percentile or higher (sent to PharmCAS)
- Official transcripts from all education institutions attended (sent to PharmCAS)
- 2 letters of recommendation, one of which should come from a UD faculty member (sent to PharmCAS)
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency (sent to PharmCAS)
- Essay/personal statement (sent to PharmCAS)
- 68 prerequisite credits with a C or higher in each plus all coursework required by UD
- An interview is required for all academically eligible applicants
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 and at least a 3.0 in all science courses