The Jefferson School of Pharmacy will consistently demonstrate its ability to provide a superb environment that fosters collaborative relationships with healthcare practitioners and scientists that result in the advancement of patient care and safety, educational methodologies, and research. It will be recognized as a premier organization that advances the profession of pharmacy through our graduates and our faculty.
- Our graduates will be recognized for their ability to provide outstanding patient-centered and population-based care; leadership skills; cultural competency; social responsibility; and commitment to maintaining professional competence throughout their careers.
- Our faculty will be recognized for their strong commitment to the advancement of pharmacy and graduate education, patient care, and research; leadership in the professional societies and educational organizations; and strong commitment to the improvement of our community through service initiatives.
We are committed to:
- maintaining a culture that fosters integrity, respect, social responsibility, diversity, and compassion;
- a learner-centered educational environment that recognizes the importance of lifelong learning;
- meeting the diverse needs of and fostering positive morale among our students, faculty and staff;
- preparing and encouraging our students to pursue postgraduate education and training programs;
- the continued professional development and mentoring of our students, faculty and staff;
- the development of leadership skills among students, faculty and staff
- a research-rich environment that stimulates the advancement of science, patient care and safety, and educational effectiveness;
- maintaining an ongoing assessment program that results in the continuous improvement of our educational program, research endeavors, and infrastructure in an effort to maintain/support our mission and vision.
The mission of the Jefferson School of Pharmacy is to prepare its students for careers in the profession of pharmacy. Through the provision of a learner-centered, interdisciplinary curriculum, our students will develop the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes to provide excellent patient-centered and population-based care. Consistent with the mission of Thomas Jefferson University, we strive to develop in our students a sense of social, personal and professional responsibility.