Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible?
Interested applicants must possess an MHA, MBA, MBA (with an emphasis in healthcare management), MPH, or equivalent degree from a CAHME, CEPH or AACSB accredited school by the start of the fellowship.
In addition, applicants must possess a GPA of 3.0 or above. And, candidates must hold and be able to maintain U.S. legal residency throughout the fellowship year.
Who oversees the Administrative Fellowship Program?
The preceptor oversees the Administrative Fellowship Program.
What type of exposure do fellows get to Jefferson Health’s executive leadership team?
Fellows have access to senior leadership throughout the fellowship. Fellows are able to attend and participate in standing and ad hoc senior management meetings, and foster relationships that become a part of the professional network as they begin to build their careers at Jefferson.
Does the fellowship accommodate for students requiring a residency for their master’s degree?
Yes. The didactic portion of the program must be completed prior to starting the Fellowship in July.
Is the Administrative Fellowship a paid position?
Yes. The fellow receives a salary that is competitive to other fellowship programs.
Are fellows guaranteed a job after completion of the fellowship?
The objective of the program is to identify and develop transformational leaders. In the past, the fellowship has provided Jefferson leadership to consider opportunities for future employment.
In fact, Jefferson’s Administrative Fellowship Program is celebrating 40 years of existence. Many of the past fellows have chosen to remain at Jefferson, including past President & CEO, Tom Lewis.
What kinds of positions are available once the fellowship is complete?
Our past administrative fellows have gone on to work in the following roles within TJUH:
- Senior Vice President of Strategic Planning, & Business Development
- Senior Director of Internet, Strategy, and Research, Vice President of Strategy & Market- Development
- Senior Vice President of Government/External Affairs & Affiliation.
- Several management Roles in Transplant, Dialysis, and Vascular, Regional Director of Jefferson -Healthcare, VP of Government and External Affairs
- Executive Project Director: Epic EHR Implementation
- Director of Operations Support, Operational Excellence Manager & Lean Master
- Manager of Business Network & Payment Strategy
- Manager of Business Analytics, Clinical Labs
- Administrator, Blood & Marrow Transplant Program, Divisions of Hematologic Malignancies & Regional Cancer Care
- Administrator, Perioperative Services Business Operations
- Business Development Manager, Innovation
- Vice President, Human Resources
- Vice President, Clinical Support Services
- Operations Manager/Director, Patient Flow Management Center
- Manager, Jefferson Transfer Center
How many fellows does Jefferson accept?
One position will be offered for the 2018-19 fiscal year.
Is Jefferson a member of the National Council of Administrative Fellowships (NCAF)?
At this time, Jefferson will not be participating in the NCAF application process. All applicants are welcome to apply for our fellowship at no cost to the individual.