Jefferson School of Population Health
Continuing Professional Education
Jefferson School of Population Health (JSPH) offers customized continuing professional education (CPE) programs that are designed to enrich and develop the skills and knowledge of adult learners who work in the healthcare arena. The School’s continuing professional education programs emphasize transformative change and the real world application of evidence-based theory and best practices. JSPH’s CPE programs are enhanced and supported by the faculty and resources of its degree programs:
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Science in Health Policy (MS-HP)
- Master of Science in Healthcare Quality and Safety (MS-HQS)
JSPH has a unique advantage in its continuing education programming capabilities. Situated on the Center City Philadelphia campus with Thomas Jefferson University and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, JSPH has access to expert clinicians, faculty, and state of the art education facilities, including a skills simulation center.
Educational activities can be tailored to the needs of an organization or individual. Both credit and non-credit certificate programs are available. Examples of educational activities may include:
- Education seminars on a new best practice, treatment, or policy
- Workshops on leadership, governance, and managing change in healthcare
- Assistance with the implementation of quality and safety initiatives
- Lecture and observation of a new technique or procedure
JSPH also offers a host of consulting services that support the mission of the School and the academic and continuing education programs. Examples of these services include:
- Development, design, and management of advisory boards
- Development and management of conferences, symposia, and policy forums
- Curriculum development for specialized workforce training
- Technical writing and editorial services, including the creation and production of enduring materials
Clinical Practicum Programs
JSPH has a successful history offering educational programs that are designed to assist all levels of pharmaceutical industry professionals in increasing their knowledge of disease management, quality care, and administrative practices within the hospital setting. Clinical practicum programs have including topics such as: hyperlipidemia; VTE prophylaxis; infusion therapy; diabetic patients in the clinical setting; respiratory disease; migraine; osteoporosis; and HIV.
Most practicum programs are held onsite at Thomas Jefferson University (TJU) and taught by Jefferson’s outstanding, nationally renowned faculty and clinicians. These interactive classroom-based programs are often supplemented with a laboratory and observation experience. This allows participants to gain a deeper understanding of a treatment, procedure, or outcome and exposes them to the front-line care performed within a hospital setting. Case studies and panel discussions are also included.
All programs include a written evaluation tool that is tailored to program objectives and performance improvement goals. Other assessment and feedback mechanisms are available.
JSPH Continuing Education Program Management
JSPH can provide the following services to manage and support educational programs:
- Content design and development of agenda
- Faculty recruitment
- Faculty presentations
- Coordination of meeting rooms and audio visual set-up
- Preparation and printing of educational materials
- Food and beverage arrangements
- On-site tours and live observation arrangements
- On-site coordination and management of program
- Participant travel and hotel arrangements
- Evaluation design and summary report