Jefferson School of Population Health has partnered with SOPHAS, the Public Health centralized application service, to collect and manage applications for the Public Health program.
We are pleased that you have decided to apply to JSPH!
To apply please follow the instructions outlined below:
- Please click here for details about our program and application requirements.
- Visit https://portal.sophas.org/ to complete the online application for admission through SOPHAS.
- Please follow the instructions on the SOPHAS site regarding the submission of documentation.
1. Submit all official transcripts (including international transcripts) to SOPHAS.
2. Submit two letters of recommendation to SOPHAS. Please be sure that the letters are from different sources (i.e., a faculty member and a place you have volunteered or an employer and a faculty member). Please do not submit letters of recommendation that refer to your interest in another program.
3. Submit Personal Statement to SOPHAS.
4. Submit GRE scores or other graduate entrance examination, such as GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, DAT to SOPHAS.
NOTE: You do not need to submit GRE scores if you have already received a graduate degree or have earned at least 9 credits from graduate coursework with a grade of “B” or higher from an accredited institution.
If you are submitting GRE (GRE code = 0628) or other scores, an official, original copy of these scores should be sent by the examination organization directly to SOPHAS. ETS will not issue GRE scores that are more than 5 years old. If the scores have expired, applicants will be required to retake the test.
5. Submit TOEFL scores (if applicable, see below) to SOPHAS
- Follow the instructions to complete the supplemental application according to the e-mail Jefferson will send you after receiving your SOPHAS application.
- After you have completed the SOPHAS application, Jefferson will email you a link to the supplemental application along with a login ID to access the application.
- You must include your SOPHAS ID number and the date you completed the SOPHAS application on the Jefferson application.
- The $25 supplemental application fee must be paid with a credit card.
Jefferson communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address and adjust your email to allow mail from Jefferson.edu
Demonstration of English Language Proficiency
All international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency as one of the conditions for admission to Jefferson. Jefferson Schools will accept one of the following items to satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
· Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section and individual section scores as follows: Writing – 21, Speaking – 23, Reading – 21 and Listening – 22. Official scores should be sent to SOPHAS using code 5688.
· Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university.
· US national or state licensure or certification in a medical, nursing or allied health field.
· Citizenship from a country where English is an official language. Click here for a list of these countries.
Admissions Decision Dates
Admissions to JSPH is on a rolling basis.
· To be considered for admission, all application materials must be received by SOPHAS prior to the July 15 deadline for fall admission and November 15 for spring admission.
Accreditation Disclosure Statement
Thomas Jefferson University is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Thomas Jefferson University’s Master of Public Health program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health, 1010 Wayne Avenue, Suite 220, Silver Spring, MD 02910. (202) 789-1050 (202) 789-1895 (fax), ceph.org.