Office of Research Administration
Preparing a Grant
- Notify your ORA Pre-Award Departmental contact that you are considering applying.
- If you are applying to the NIH, get an eRA Commons Identification.
- Connect to JeffShare (ORA offers JeffShare training)
- Create a budget (ORA offers Budget training)
- Complete the...
- Jefferson Proposal Budget form
- Jefferson Proposal Transmittal form (now online in Peoplesoft) and e-PTF FAQ's
- Jefferson Assignment of Inventions Form (now online in Peoplesoft)
- Jefferson Conflict of Interest Statement
- Certifications and Representations e.g. Human or Animal subjects protocols and approvals, Biosafety approvals, etc. These requirements vary with the scope of the proposed project.
- Read the instructions to determine which forms or documents are required by the sponsor.
Typically these will include:
- Cover/Title/Endorsement page (use Identifications form)
- Summary of Project and/or Table of Contents
- Detailed project description (for help contact JMC Faculty Development or JSHP Faculty Development)
- Description of current facilities
- List of key personnel and Curricula Vitae of PI(s) (ORA offers training)
- List of publications (for help see JEFFLINE)
- Special requests and justifications
- Statement of duplicate submission
- List of current and pending support
- Letters of collaboration
- Any special requirements listed in the program announcement or requested by sponsor
- Put the appropriate documents in JeffShare;
- Complete the electronic PTF in PeopleSoft;
- Notify your ORA Pre-Award Departmental contact.