- Highlight your most relevant experience by listing it first in a separate section.
- Emphasize only those experiences that best relate to your career (clinical rotations, volunteer roles, full-time work experience in your field).
- Condense or remove sections that are not relevant.
- Do not include supervisor’s names or contact information.
- Headings can include: Clinical Rotations, Healthcare Experience, Work Experience, Additional Experience, Relevant Experience, [Your field here] Experience, and more!
Example A (Listing clinical rotations):
Thomas Jefferson University, Clinical Rotations:
Children’s Hospital, Philadelphia, PA Feb-Mar 2013
Happy Hands Rehab, Philadelphia, PA Jan 2013
Nursing Home, Philadelphia, PA Sep-Oct 2012
Example B (Including bullets for clinical rotations):
Community Center, Philadelphia, PA Feb- Mar 2013
• Led group therapy sessions for clients diagnosed with mental health disorders
Happy Hospital, Philadelphia, PA Jan 2013
• Shadowed nurses in Labor & Delivery, NICU, and Maternal Observation Unit floors
Example C (One-line format):
Caregiver, Private family, Washington, DC Summers 2010-2013
• Supervised three children ages 2, 4 and 7; planned daily activities and prepared meals
Sales Associate, Old Navy, Philadelphia, PA Mar-Dec 2009
• Provided customer service for up to 500 people per day over the phone and in person
Example D (Two-line format):
Sunshine Healthcare Center Cherry Hill, NJ
Volunteer May-Aug 2011
• Organized filing system and streamlined paperwork to create an efficient work environment