Where To Find Contacts
Have you ever heard the phrase “There is strength in weak ties?” While your parents or roommate might not be able to help you get a job, they might know someone who does!
Below is a list of ideas for finding contacts for informational interviews. Consider initially scheduling an informal meeting with someone you know (classmate, faculty member, your clinical supervisor). This will help you get comfortable with informational interviewing and allow you to ask for referrals.
- LinkedIn (Use the main search bar to plug in key words or the “Find Alumni” tool)
- Conferences/Professional Association meetings (regional and national)
- Networking events (at Jefferson, your undergraduate institution, local events)
- Alumni Mentor Database (schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor to find an alumni contact)
- Speakers (introduce yourself after the presentation)
- Career Fairs (Jefferson hosts two each year, local career fairs)