2013-14 Enrollment/Waiver Instructions
Please note the following procedures for enrolling or waiving health insurance coverage for the 2013-14 academic year. All enrollments and waivers must be completed using the online process outlined below.
NOTE: If waiving coverage, please have information about your current health care coverage available.
- Go to www.firststudent.com
- Select your school, "Jefferson Schools of Health Professions, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Population Health" from the drop down menu, then click "Continue".
- Read through the information on the welcome page.
- Click on either the "Enroll Now" or "Waive Your School's Insurance" link from the orange menu on the left.
- From the enrollment or waiver page, click the corresponding link to begin the process.
- Log in by entering your Date of Birth and your Student ID# (Campus Key). Do NOT enter your Social Security Number.
- Complete the online waiver or enrollment form and then print out the confirmation and keep it for your records.
NOTE: If you receive a status of "Waiver Pending" it means that your waiver has NOT been approved and you must contact the Office of Student Life. Your health insurance matriculation requirement will not be satisfied until you receive a status of "Waiver Approved" or you enroll in the school-sponsored insurance plan.
Please contact the Office of Student Life at (215) 503-8189 if you experience any of the following:
- Your Campus Key or Date of Birth was not accepted
- You gave incorrect information about your current health care coverage
- You encountered other difficulties while attempting to complete the process
FACT Nursing Students, Physician Assistant Students, and ALL SUMMER Start Students
Students that are enrolled in a program that begins in the pre-fall term (e.g. FACT Nursing program or Physician Assistant program) or a summer start program will need to complete the insurance requirement for two academic years. When students begin their program in the pre-fall or summer term, they will need to complete an insurance waiver or enrollment for the remainder of the 2013-14 academic year. This waiver or enrollment will be in effect for the months of May, June, July, and August. In July, students will then need to complete the health insurance waiver or enrollment process for the new academic year (2014-15), which starts September 1st. Students should follow the instructions above to complete the process online for both academic years.
Full-time International Students
Full-time international students, including but not limited to those in F-1 or J-1 status, may not qualify for a waiver. Full-time international students must enroll in the school-sponsored insurance plan unless their current plan meets the minimum requirements AND is approved by the Office of International Affairs. To complete the waiver request, you must complete a two step process: first, folllow the instructions listed above to complete the online waiver form; second, send a copy of your policy via email to OIA@jefferson.edu or bring it in person to the Office of International Affairs located in Jefferson Alumni Hall, Mezzanine Level, Room M70. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of International Affairs at 215-503-4335.
Incoming Students for January
Students that will be starting their academic program in the spring semester (January) will need to complete the insurance requirement for the remainder of the 2013-14 academic year. This waiver or enrollment will be in effect for the months of January through August 2014. Students will then need to complete the health insurance requirement in July for the new academic year (2014-15), which starts September 1st. Students should follow the instructions above to complete the process online.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Student Life at 215-503-8189 or via email at StudentLife@jefferson.edu