2014-15 Enrollment/Waiver Instructions
Please note the following procedures for enrolling or waiving health insurance coverage for the 2014-15 academic year. All enrollments and waivers must be completed using the online process outlined below. If waiving coverage, please have information about your current health care coverage available.
- Go to www.firststudent.com
- Select your school, "Thomas Jefferson University" from the drop down menu, then click "Continue".
- Read through the information on the welcome page.
- Click on either the "Enroll Now" or "Waive Your School's Insurance" link from the orange menu on the left.
- From the enrollment or waiver page, click the corresponding link to begin the process.
- Log in by entering your Date of Birth and your Student ID# (Campus Key). Do NOT enter your Social Security Number.
- Complete the online waiver or enrollment form and then print out the confirmation and keep it for your records.
Please contact the student health insurance representative for your academic program if you experience any of the following:
- Your Campus Key or Date of Birth was not accepted
- You gave incorrect information about your current health care coverage
- You encountered other difficulties while attempting to complete the process
If you receive a status of "Waiver Denied" it means that your waiver has NOT been approved for the 2014-15 academic year.You will need to either enroll in the student health insurance plan or enroll in another plan that meets the minimum requirements. If you choose to enroll in the student health insurance plan, you should go back to the online enrollment/waiver site at http://www.firststudent.com/ and complete an enrollment for the 2014-15 academic year. If you purchase another plan that meets the minimum requirements, you must contact your student health insurance representative to reset your information in the online enrollment/waiver site before you can go back to http://www.firststudent.com/ to complete a waiver for your new plan.
Please note that your health insurance requirement is NOT satisfied until you receive a status of “waiver approved” or you enroll in the student health insurance plan.
Programs that Start Off-Cycle from the Standard Academic Year
Depending on when your program starts, you may need to complete the health insurance requirement twice within a twelve month period. Please see below for details.
ALL SUMMER or PRE-FALL Start Students (including JSN: FACT Program, JSHP: Physician Assistant Studies Program and Physical Therapy Program, and JGSBS Post-Baccalaureate Program)
Students that are enrolled in a program that begins in the pre-fall term or summer term will need to complete the insurance requirement for two academic years. When students begin their program in the pre-fall or summer term, they will need to complete an insurance waiver or enrollment for the remainder of the 2014-15 academic year. This waiver or enrollment will be in effect for the months of May, June, July, and August. In July, students will then need to complete the health insurance waiver or enrollment process for the new academic year (2015-16).
SPRING Start Students
Students that will be starting their academic program in the spring term (January) will need to complete the insurance requirement for the remainder of the 2014-15 academic year. This waiver or enrollment will be in effect for the months of January through August 2015. Students will then need to complete the health insurance requirement in July for the new academic year (2015-16).