Minimum Health Insurance Requirements
2014-15 Minimum Requirements
In order to qualify for a waiver,
1. A student's insurance plan must be one of the following:
- An employer-based plan through a parent, spouse, or own employment.
- An individual plan purchased through a government exchange or directly through a carrier at the Gold (80%) or Platinum (90%) level.
- A plan provided via Medicaid or Veterans Affairs.
2. If the plan originates outside of the Philadelphia area, the student must have the ability to access providers in the areas of their current residence, without disruption to their academic responsibilities, while attending Thomas Jefferson University.
The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the minimum requirements. Please be sure to retain a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.